|HSE issue new Driving and riding safety for work webpages|| |
There is clear, simple guidance:
- for employers and those who engage drivers and riders on how to make sure the journey, driver and vehicle are safe
- for workers and those who drive and ride for work on their responsibilities
|COVID 19 - MPA recommendations to members and HSE comments|
MPA has issued a Direct to its members with recommendations on the continuing use of COVID 19 protective measures following the Government changes introduced on the 19th July.
In a separate discussion with MPA, the HSE have highlighted the following points
- Nothing changes - employers are expected to maintain Covid 19 control measures in the workplace.
- We are still in a pandemic, not an endemic (e.g. seasonal flu)
- People can make choices socially but the workplace is different – workers still need to be protected in the workplace
- Double vaccination is not seen as a control measure as its effectiveness against variants and over the longer term are unknown
- The five main elements for control are:
- Social distancing
- Reducing social contacts (physical barriers/cohorts etc.)
- Surface cleaning
- Hygiene (washrooms etc)
- HSE will continue to inspect and enforce on Covid safety, using the Management Regulations and HSWA as a basis
- Employers need to maintain, review and update Covid risk assessments which should identify appropriate controls and reference the guidance
- BEIS website is useful source of information https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-covid-19
|Stihl TS410 and TS420 Disc Cutter Recall||Please see the product recall from Stihl that has been shared by Hanson|| ||01/07/2021
|Angle grinder chainsaw disc attachment - Warning from Office for Product Safety Standards|
OPSS has issued a Safety Alert for a chainsaw disc attachment that has been incorrectly sold for use with angle grinders. Please follow link for more information disc attachment
|COVID 19 - BOHS (British Occupational Hygiene Society) document on ventilation |
Good ventilation is one of the main measures recommended to control Covid-19 and reduce the risk of transmission within enclosed spaces. The British Occupational Hygiene Society has produced this helpful FAQ document which provides information on general ventilation and mechanical ventilation and the factors which can improve or reduce effectiveness.