CEMEX’s grinding plant is located on the wharf at Tilbury docks, the site is exposed to strong south-westerly winds. A number of articulated tippers have been blown over as they were delivering raw material on the ramps into the apron belt feeders.
To prevent the possibility of this happening again, a covered tip over frame has been constructed. Vehicles now reverse into the fully covered frame and before they off-load into the safe tipping area. It is now impossible for vehicles to tip over regardless of weather conditions, mechanical failures such as a ram collapse or a tyre puncture.
- Eliminated risk of tip over
- Reduced risk of injury to drivers and pedestrians on-site
- Reduced potential for environmental pollution from dust
- Potential to apply design in similar situations
- Safer environment for all.